From traditional to contemporary, from casual to formal, at Delair's Carpet and Flooring you'll be sure to find a carpet that will compliment any interior setting, and provide years of beauty and performance.
Nothing makes a room as cozy and inviting as a fresh new carpet. Even with the many flooring options available, carpet continues to be the primary choice for many areas of the home such as living rooms, bedrooms, and hallways. At Delair's Carpet and Flooring, not only do we have the largest selection of carpet in the area, we also have experienced professionals waiting to help you select the perfect style, color, pattern and weave that will best fit your style, and your needs.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS WHEN CHOOSING A CARPET FOR YOUR HOME:
- How is the room going to be used?
- Is the room a heavy or light traffic area?
- Is the space considered a center of family activity/entertaining?
- Is there direct access from outside?
Choosing the best carpet is really about knowing the right combination of characteristics, aesthetics, performance, and budget to best meet the needs of your lifestyle. For example, looped Berbers and high twist friezes perform wonderfully in high traffic areas in your home, but an elegant Saxony in the same area may show footprints.
Carpet has many benefits such as being relatively inexpensive, provides warmth and softness, easier to install and replace, and offers more fashion options in color, pattern, and texture than any other floor covering.
Below are some flooring basics to keep in mind when shopping for carpet:
- available in 12', 15' and sometimes 13' widths
- carpet will be seamed unless the room is narrower than above widths
- seams visible with looped or low-profile patterned carpets
- degree of visibility depends on texture, color, lighting, and furniture
Backing and Loops
- backing may show when carpet bends over stairs depending on texture, color, and density
- looped carpet can snag at a seam or transition
- pile reversal, or shading, is a normal
- consider window treatments and furniture placement to minimize
- higher quality carpet = greater pile density
- tighter twist construction results in better durability
- easier to replace or update décor with carpet rather than hard surface products
- adds value to any home
- feels warm underfoot
- reduces household noise
- once installed it will often look lighter than the sample
- color affects the apparent size of the room
- lighter-colored carpet visually expands the size of the room
- darker carpeting brings the walls closer together, creating intimate feelings
- neutral colors are best for frequently changing the decorating schemes
- neutrals are good for rooms with a lot of existing furniture
- neutral colored, good carpet is good for resale
- check warranty for stains
- stain protection is an important consideration
- carpet products have with different stain protection levels
- warranties help guard against stains
- with quality comes increased stain protection and warranty coverage
- it is important to understand what is covered by the warranty
- determines how a carpet feels underfoot
- not just about feel
- quality helps preserve the look
- can extend the life and comfort
- provides protection against wear and tear
- sold using quality specifications, not color specifications
- color of the sample in the store may not be the same as installing
Reading from the Label
- become familiar with product specs warranties on the labels
- protect your investment today and tomorrow
Know the entire cost of ownership
To ensure there are no budget surprises with the final cost ask for the total cost of the project to be calculated potential additional expenses:
- furniture removal/replacement
- demolition/disposal of the old floor covering
- sub-floor preparation
- product delivery
- carpet installation
- materials required to complete the installation
In addition to the total project cost, be sure to also consult the manufacturer's warranty and care guide for directions on how frequently the carpet should be cleaned and the cost to clean it.